I signed up with SAI security system 4 years ago that was bought out by Castle Rock Security.My experience was HORRIBLE from the get-go.
A person showed up at my door and talked me into changing from a company who gave me GREAT service, offering to add to my system a window break and fire alarm. I signed a 3 year contract. The alarm went off soon after when a person tried to disconnect it via the outside of the back door setting off my tamper alarm. The security company never called stating it was ONLY a tamper alarm.
I had to explain my sensor is on the OUTSIDE of the door and if its tampered with SOMEONE IS TRYING TO DISCONNECT IT! They said they could come out and fix it... for an additional fee. Since I was in a 3 year contract, I had no choice.
Soon after that, my fire alarm went off when my kids were cooking. They called the house 20 MINUTES LATER to see if all was ok. My daughter said good thing, because in 20 minutes we would have been DEAD! I had friends stop by accidently setting it off and talked the alarm company out of calling the police even though they did not know the code or the password.
And the FINAL STRAW was almost 4 years into my contract, i had someone try to kick in my front door at 4 pm in the afternoon while my children were home alone! The door frame was broken apart, seperated from the wood, the door was 3/4 of the way open when something scared them away. Thank God! Because the ALARM HADNT GONE OFF YET!
NEITHER DID THE BREAK ALARM that should have given the noise it would take to kick in a metal door. When I found a new alarm company and cancelled they said my 3 year contract had AUTOMATICALLY renewed and I was 4 months short so even though they are not providing alarm services, they will continue to charge me for another 4 months! I complained to both them and the better business bureau as they had also agreed and FAILED TO PROVIDE security services for pretty much ALL of the 4 years... but their answer to the better business bureau was TOO BAD because I was under a contract and they were within their rights...
so here I go. I will put my story out there to EVERY public source I can!!!!! IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR FAMILY SAFE, DO NOT USE CASTLE ROCK SECURITY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will estimate my loss at $50 per month for 4 years!
4 years they failed to protect my family!But the part that really makes me angry is the charging me after I cancelled!I attached a picture of my broken door that did not set the alarm off!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Home Security
You May Also Like
- "It's currently 6am CST and my alarm has woken my entire household up saying someone is ringing the garage doorbell. We haven't seen anyone but this has been going on..."
- "ADT FAILED US and many others!! ADT FAILED to dispatch fire rescue when our smoke detectors were going off. After our house was totalled, and 2 LOVING pets perished, the..."
- "The system was installed in January 2014, failed in March 2014. I phoned them repeatedly, waited 2 weeks each time for inspection. Each time they found nothing wrong..."
- "thanks for always give us the best quality kitchen cabinets, i must say, your service and price is very good, your serivce make me very happy. It is really an..."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."
- "This is the work of Appliances done right! They said they provided a 90 day warranty, but they will not come out and fix the issues I'm having. ..."